Goodbye St. Louis.... Hello Houston

Nine Months can make a huge difference in someone's life. It is the gestation time for a human baby, it is the length of an academic year. It is the time I have spent as a postulant. As I sit at my desk in St. Louis, my room all packed-donation bag filled, I am in awe of my experiences. I am 1 year into a Masters in Theology, I am 48 pounds lighter, and I am closer to God than I have ever been.

Decorating for Christmas

Father Dick's Birthday
Thanksgiving and Christmas with CCVI San Antonio 




 These experiences have been a blessing I will never forget. The little international community where I lived welcomed me and embraced me into the home. I am forever thankful. Since deciding to leave I have cried more than I think I ever have before in my life. I fell in love with the sisters here and the congregation as a whole. God, however, has other plans for me and has asked me to leave and return to Houston. During Lent this year, I asked God to help me to Love more deeply, Feel more deeply, and Trust more deeply. This prayer has continued into the Easter season and I know will continue to carry me into the Ordinary time. 





Please know as I transition back to Houston, I will be raw. I will be sad. It will take some time for me to adjust back to "normal" life. I know you each will have questions and I want to answer them, but please give me space and time to adjust first. By the grace of God, I have a job and hopefully soon will have a car and a place to live.
Sr. Kim's Graduation 

First Snow








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for the annual update....

Let me tell you a story...